Book your consultation today
Book your consultation today
Why choose Lingual Braces?
Lingual braces are fixed behind the teeth and out of sight—an invisible orthodontic solution.
Book your consultation by filling out the form below, or to learn more, choose a section from the adjacent table of contents.
We will take a 3D Scan of your teeth which will inform the design of the brace hardware (such as the brackets and archwires).
Lingual braces are virtually invisible, as they sit out of view on the tongue side of the teeth.
Misaligned teeth or bite issues can be a serious source of self consciousness.
How do lingual braces work?
Lingual braces work with the same principle as fixed metal braces. Metal brackets are attached to the surface of your teeth, while metal archwires link the brackets together to apply pressure to the teeth and gradually adjust their position.
The main difference with lingual braces is that the brackets and archwire are fixed to the back of your teeth (as opposed to the front), keeping your braces tucked out of sight throughout treatment.
What will happen during treatment?
We have chosen to use Incognito as our lingual brace of choice as they were the first totally customised lingual bracket system. We will take a 3D digital scan of your teeth and jaw to design brackets for each of your specific teeth. This system allows for a comfortable and efficient treatment experience.
As with metal and clear braces, this brace system will gradually pull and push your teeth into position according to your treatment plan. Lingual braces require in-clinic adjustments every 6-8 weeks to ensure that your teeth are moving in the proper direction.
What are the benefits of lingual braces?
‣ Lingual braces are totally hidden from sight while fixed to the back of your teeth, so only those you tell need to know about your treatment.
‣ Fixed braces can’t be removed during the treatment. This ensures an efficient treatment, especially for young children who might be tempted to take them out frequently.
‣ Fixed braces are sometimes recommended by orthodontists to treat more complicated scenarios for example, involving teeth moving in various different directions.
What are the different types of fixed braces?
There are a few different types of braces available depending on the level of visibility you prefer:
‣ Metal braces – These use metal brackets that attach to your teeth and are the most common option chosen
‣ Clear braces – These use clear or tooth-coloured ceramic brackets that attach to your teeth for a more subtle option
‣ Lingual braces – These metal braces are attached to the back surface of your teeth, functioning the same as standard braces while providing a completely invisible solution
What do I need to know about brace care?
We have prepared a brief collection of instructional videos to offer tips and advice on how to take care of your braces. This includes how to keep them clean, which foods to avoid and after care instructions.
In the rare case of emergency i.e. broken braces, we also have a list of emergency contacts for all hours.
What if I have more questions?
Book your first consultation now for an expert assessment. We will discuss the best treatment for you or your child’s unique case, including all the costs and payment plans upfront.
If you have any more questions before booking, make sure to read our FAQs first. Just tap the button below.